Friday, March 4, 2016

Growth Mindset: What is it and Establishing Patience

In the beginning of the semester I learned about The Growth Mindset and I would like to incorporate this into this blog.  My professor in my India and Epics class suggested the students to try this out so we can track our progress over these next few months. 


The Growth Mindset was developed by Carol Dweck and it’s to challenge the basic mindset that people have set for themselves.  I have things that I personally need to work on to motivate me for this semester and this seems like a good method.

This semester I am going to work on improving my Hebrew, but understanding my personal limits.  I tend to pressure myself to intake a lot of information at once instead of pacing myself while I learn the language. I then blame myself for not learning all that I believe that I am capable of.  I understand that a language cannot be learned overnight and there isn't a easy way to learn one hundred vocabulary words in half a weeks time. I still have plenty to catch up on since last semester, and I continuously review my work from past semesters.  Because of this, and I end up mixing up information from old handout with handouts that have recently been distributed in class.

I'm going to get through this and pace myself! There's no room for failure, just greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment